Monday 10 October 2016

The Perks Of Being A Mother

Hello again!

Yes ... once again I failed tremendously at blogging. Its one of those things that I love doing but then I struggle to get time to actually sit and write. This is changing though. I need to start taking some time out of my day to do something I really enjoy. I need something other than being "mummy" all the time. A break from the endless laundry pile, the washing up and the general upkeep of our little family home.
Don't get me wrong I love being Mummy and I love being a housewife but its so easy to get lost in those roles and forget who you are. I feel like writing lets me escape for a little while, which will probably sound strange considering most of what I write about is being a Mummy haha!

So ... what is life for Jem right now?

Well i'm still pregnant! I am 36 weeks on Thursday and we are expecting a beautiful little boy :)
Our little family is so excited to meet him and Livvy is getting well into big sister mode already. She is constantly talking about him or giving my tummy cuddles and kisses. Its adorable to watch her love him so much already and I can't wait to see how she is when he arrives.



Talking of Livvy she is  FOUR now .... FOUR!! HOW did that happen? She's grown up so much this past year. She's a proper little girl now ... all traces of babyhood and toddlerhood are pretty much gone. It makes me sad but also so proud to see her personality blossom. Although she does keep pretending she is a baby ... that or a dog. That girl is obsessed with dogs and is convinced we are getting a puppy soon. We aren't!



Anyway I'm going to try put a post up once a week, it may be slow for the next couple of weeks as everything is very much in the air with this pregnancy at the moment. I have to go for another iron transfusion on Tuesday and then a growth scan the following week to see if we will be letting baby arrive naturally or if we will be getting induced early.

Last thing ... i'm changing the name of the blog to The Perks Of Being A Mother ... this will also be my new Instagram handle and youtube name (vlogs may be being resumed once baby arrives!) It just felt right. I'm starting a whole new chapter in my journey as a mother and it felt like the right time to change.

Jem xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Image Credits

Popular Posts

Featured