Friday 9 May 2014

My Makeup

So I thought I would do a little post about what products I use everyday as part of my make up routine.
I was going to do a tutorial but to be honest my routine is pretty basic as I don't have time to do a massive routine every morning what with being a full time Mummy. Livvy is usually at my feet wanting to do something much more entertaining. Although she does love playing with my make up brushes.


So, first of all is my base.

I use L'Oréal Studio Secrets primer. In my opinion this is the best primer, I have tried all sorts of primers in the past and this is the one I always go back to. It actually does its job of keeping my makeup in place! It feels thick when applying but is actually really light and doesn't clog up your pores. 
My foundation is Estée Lauder Double Wear in Ivory Nude. I love this foundation. It gives amazing coverage without feeling thick and heavy on your face. Its really natural looking and it doesn't feel like I am wearing any make up. 
My concealer is also Estée Lauder Double Wear in Light. Again this provides plenty of coverage without feeling heavy or looking caked on. 


For the rest of my base I use Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Peach Glow. I just use a little bit of this to set my foundation. You have to be careful not to go overboard on this product as your skin can look very dry if you use too much. 
I then use Collection Bronze Glow Mosaic to contour my cheekbones, I love this product. Its really low budget but it does the job just as well as higher end products designed to do the same. Just be mindful again of how much you use, no one wants to be orange!
I then use Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in Santa Rose. I love this blusher as I find it so flattering to my skin tone. Its a very peachy coloured blush and I like how you only need a little bit of product to get the colour, you don't need to keep layering it up to get the desired affect.



On my eyes I use Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer in Eden. This has been a staple product in my makeup bag for over three years now. It does exactly what it says on the tin. It keeps your eyeshadow in place but I find it also makes your colours pop more. 
At the moment I am using the Barry M Natural Glow palette for my eyeshadows. The shades are really natural and flattering. They are brilliant for everyday use but you can add some of the darker shades to create a smoky eye for the evening. For everyday I use the first two shades, I use the first on my lid and then I use the second as a highlighter for my brow bone.


For my eyebrows I use Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in Black Brown. I've always been so indecisive about whether I prefer to use powder or pencil for my eyebrows but lately I've been loving this pencil. It gives a really defined line and isn't too harsh. It stays in place all day and doesn't fade.
I use Collection Intense Colour Eyeliner in Black Magic to line my waterline. Again this stays put all day and is a true black, its a dream for smudging too!
Finally my mascara is Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express in Black Drama. Many times I've been asked if I am wearing false eyelashes when I have been wearing this mascara. It gives length, volume and keeps your lashes looking thick all day. It doesn't make my lashes go like spiders legs and you can apply one layer for a natural look or layer it up for a more dramatic look.

Let me know what products you use too, do you use any the same as me?
If so what are your thoughts on them. 

Jem 
xo






No comments:

Post a Comment

Image Credits

Popular Posts

Featured