Monday 2 January 2017

Another Year Over

So here's to a fresh start.

After my last post things got very manic very fast. Our little boy ended up having to be induced two weeks early but I'll save that story for another time. A quick introduction to him if you don't already know ... Tobias Keith Metcalfe. Toby for short. He's now 9 weeks old and is cuddled up in my arms as I awkwardly try to type with one hand. Again I  shall introduce him properly another time.



Today I decided to sit down and work on my goals for 2017. I never really make proper resolutions, I just like to make a list of things I hope to accomplish over the coming year then I break that down into a list of short term goals for each month to help me achieve the end result. I find this much more manageable than setting huge ones that I'll more than likely fail at within the first week.


I thought I would share some of them with you today and would love to hear what your goals or resolutions are too. So here we go.

1. Start using my SLR camera more .

Photography used to be a massive part of my life. Somewhere along the way it got pushed to the side and its time I made it a priority again. In order for me to get anywhere with this I had to order a new charger first! I lost mine over a year ago and always kept putting it off. I used it as an excuse but now was the time to stop. So this morning I have already taken the first step and ordered it. I'm a little rusty with photography so this will be a learning process all over again.

2. Read at least 12 books.

Reading again was and is a favourite hobby of mine. I kind of used having children as an excuse (seriously I'm terrible for making excuses for everything) for not reading as much as I used to. I've been reading the same book now for over a year which is shocking! I used to read a book a week before I had Livvy. I'm nearly done with this one now then I've already got my next one lined up. Any book recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

3. Lose all my pregnancy weight.

I'm not happy with the way I look at all. I feel frumpy, I have less energy and my skin breakouts have turned into one long battle. The thing is I know its all my own fault. After I had Toby I just got lazy again with food and chose convenience over health. I know I can shift it because before I got pregnant with him I lost over half a stone. So my first step to achieving this goal is getting back to Slimming World on Thursday.

4. Dedicate one evening a week to myself.

This is probably my most important goal. I will probably go into more detail at some point about why I've chosen this to work on. As a short description isn't really possible.

5. End the year with at least one blog post a week.

Pretty self explanatory. I just need to give myself a kick up the bum with this. I love writing blog posts so I need to make more time to do it.



I hope I have inspired you to think about things you would like to happen this year.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year! I'll leave you with my cheeky boy from earlier today.



Jem x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Image Credits

Popular Posts

Featured