Friday 10 March 2017

Mummy Tag

So I thought it would be fun to take part in the Mummy Tag challenge and answer the following questions. I'd love to read your answers too so if you decide to take part please link me or tag me!

Okay here we go ... 


1)  Are you a working mum or a stay at home mum?

I am a stay at home mum who will be returning to college in September.

2)  Would you have it any other way? 

Nope! I love being here at home with them. Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to going back to college in September and having some time for myself but I do enjoy not having to work at the moment. We aren't well off but we have just enough with Matt working and me off. It would make no sense financially for me to go back right now anyway as childcare would be more than I would earn. 

3) Do you co-sleep?

We did with Livvy and it worked really well for us. She slept through in our bed from four weeks old and she stayed in with us until she was around 14/15 months old. We didn't struggle too much with moving her into her own bed at first it was just as she got older the problems began but it wasn't so much because she wanted to be back in with us it was more the usual problems like fearing monsters etc now she is 4 things are getting better. She goes to bed most nights with no issue its just the odd night when she is over tired that she wont settle as easily. 

This time around with Toby we have done the occasional night when he hasn't settled properly but for the most part he sleeps in his own crib next to our bed. He settles and sleeps so well and i'm really proud that he too is sleeping through the night.

4) What is your one must have item for your baby?

With Livvy it was her Fisher Price musical seahorse and muslin cloths! The seahorse was her absolute favourite and settled her down so easily when she was upset. Muslin cloths were and still are a god send for everything and anything. Sick, spit, snot, you know all those lovely bodily fluids that babies like to share. With Toby its been his Ewan the Dream Sheep, we used it from day one in the hospital. Even though it is fab for settling him to sleep he can fall asleep without it too which I am pleased about as I didn't want him to create too much of an association with that and sleep. Another must have has been the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine. This only came out near the end of our bottle feeding journey with Livvy and I just know we would have loved it then too. Its made life so much easier. Toby can go from being fast asleep to starving within a second so standing around cooling down bottles would have been way too stressful for us! 

5) How many children do you plan on having?

To be honest I'm really not sure. I go between being really content with two especially with having one of each. Then I have moments where I'm cuddled up with Toby and I can't possibly imagine never having another newborn again. I think if we did have any more it would be the age gap we have now because it has worked so well for us. Livvy is an amazing big sister and she has been asking if we will have any more babies so who knows.

6) Date nights, how often do you have them?

Not often enough if i'm being honest. It's been a while since we last went out just the two of us but I think that's normal with having a four month old at home. We don't have family here so we don't have a readily available babysitter. We do have date nights at home though, takeout and a movie is our fave! Its nice to have time without the children but we have to try to talk about something other than them haha.

7) Your child's favourite show?

Well if you know Livvy at all you'll know its without a doubt Paw Patrol. She is obsessed, to the point where most days she pretends she is a puppy haha. She has started to really like Elena Of Avalor recently though and she still watches things like Sofia and Doc. There's also a new show called Rusty Rivets on now that shes taken a liking to. 

8) Name one thing you bought before you had the baby and never ended up using.

With Livvy it was the baby bath seat, she hated it so we ended up giving it to a friend. Oh and the bottle warmer too, useless. With Toby there hasn't really been anything as we literally only bought what we needed. I think things are a lot easier with your second as you become wise to what is essential and what isn't.

9) Your child's favourite food? 

We have always had such a food battle with Livvy, its a constant struggle but i'll be totally honest here if she has chocolate she will inhale it. She also loves apples and bananas too though and has started trying a lot more recently. Toby hasn't properly started weaning yet but we have given him cucumber sticks to soothe his gums and he loves them!

10) How many cars does your family have?

None. Matt has his licence but we can't afford one just yet. Everything we need is easily accessible walking or by bus anyway.

11) Weight gain before, during and after pregnancy?

I don't have exact numbers but i had hyperemesis during both my pregnancies so I initially lost a lot of weight, then when I could manage to eat it was all the wrong things. After having Toby I was at my highest weight so I joined slimming world back in January and I have lost 1st 2lbs so far.

12) Dream holiday with your children?

It would have to be the typical no expenses spared Disney trip. Its something I hope we can do one day. I know they would both love it and I would probably enjoy it just as if not more than them. I think its one of those holidays that every parent hopes they can fulfill this wish for their children.

13) Dream holiday without your children?

I'd love to go see the Northern Lights, its on my bucket list and its something I have always wanted to do. Saying that though I know Livvy would be amazed by it so I would feel so guilty doing it without her.

14) How has your life changed since having children?

It would probably be easier to say how it hasn't changed really. Nothing truly prepares you for how life altering these little beings are. They completely consume you in every way but its in a way that you wouldn't change for anything in this world. My days have gone from working, going out to gigs all the time, seeing friends, doing whatever I wanted when I wanted to doing laundry, washing up, playgroups, nursery runs, cleaning and harnessing skills I never thought I had.

15) Finish the sentence "It makes my heart melt when ..."

... I see how caring and protective Livvy is with her brother. If he starts fussing she starts saying "Alllrriiigghhhtt Toby its okay!" Then she will try calm him or give him his dummy.

16) Where do you shop for your children?

Mainly Next, H&M, Zara. I absolutely LOVE Turtledove London clothes for Toby too. I don't buy tonnes of clothes anymore, I used to go mad when Livvy was younger but now I try to buy things that will mix and match.

17) Favourite makeup and skincare products?

Foundation wise I will always be an Estee Lauder girl. I've tried so many others but this one just works best for me. Eyeshadow is always one of my Urban Decay palettes, I love how pigmented and long lasting they are. However any other products I grab what I like the look of.

18) Huggies or Pampers?

Neither, we use Aldi nappies. They are fantastic!

19) Have you always wanted children?

Yes, always. I played with dolls way longer than most girls do and I was the first to offer to babysit. It was like a calling. Cheesy as that sounds.

20) Best part of being a Mum?

There are some pretty crappy parts, it can be lonely and tiring but when Livvy wraps her arms around me and gives me a huge cuddle or when Toby looks at me and smiles it makes every hard moment melt away.




So there we go, I hope you enjoyed reading my answers.

Jem
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Image Credits

Popular Posts

Featured